- Your needs
- Face Product lines
Product line Essential Care
The Pierre Fabre epidemiology research department conducted a survey in 8 European countries (285 M people). The results showed that:
• This issue affects both women and men.
• Nearly 100M people are affected.
• More than one in 3 people claim to have sensitive skin.
• 66% of people claiming to have sensitive skin have an underlying skin disorder.
Several factors are involved:
- Using ill-suited cosmetic products
- Environmental factors: pollution, wind, sun…
- Lifestyle: Stress, tobacco…
• Dehydrated sensitive skin: Tight skin and discomfort act as reminders
• Sensitive dry and very dry skin: The skin’s key protective functions are weakened, small lines appear…
• Sensitive skin, slightly combination or oily: Small shiny areas on the wings of the nose and the top of the cheeks appear…
• Skin sensitive to the environment: The smallest upset bothers it and causes it to react.
The first step is to reduce or avoid, whenever possible, factors that trigger this sensitivity.
- Use cosmetic products specifically formulated for sensitive skin
- Avoid irritating and drying cleansers.
- If hard faucet water bothers your skin, use gentle, no-rinse products and following cleansing, spray a fine mist of thermal spring water on your skin.
- Select products that are as neutral as possible: Minimum number of ingredients, no alcohol…
- Do not use products containing certain key ingredients known to be irritating.