What is sensitive skin?
Whatever your skin type, specific factors might trigger or lead to oversensitivity: Your skin reacts strongly when you’d rather it didn’t…
- Naturally sensitive skin: Your skin is thin, light, often a little dry; its top layer might get scaly, it flushes easily (maybe the beginning of couperosis)
- Reactional sensitive skin: Cold, sun, wind, ill-suited cleansers or moisturizers “hurt” your skin. Your skin might react strongly to a peeling or a laser procedure.
- Occasional skin sensitivity: Skin disorder such as seborrheic dermatitis, rosacea acne…. These situations can increase your skin sensitivity
SENSITIVITY FOR EACH SKIN TYPE
- Dehydrated skin: Pulling and discomfort.
- Dry to very dry skin: Weakening of protective functions, fine lines appear,
- Combination to oily skin: Small shiny areas around the nose and the upper cheeks.
- Environmentally sensitive skin: Immediate reaction to the slightest upset.
Sensitivity and sensitization
Sensitivity or intolerance, a matter of degree…
Make the difference : Sensitive skin and sensitized skin.
- Sensitive skin: Your skin pulls, itches. It reacts strongly to wind, cold, ill-suited products, harsh cleansing or hard water. Sometimes this sensitivity becomes exacerbated: The skin doesn’t experience any relief from standard cosmetic moisturizers. It can’t stand anything. It becomes allergic. It starts to itch, pull, gets red and scaly..
- Sensitized skin: Certain intolerances to cleansers or moisturizers are in fact true allergies responsible for eczema or urticaria. Consult your physician to find the cause of this allergy.